Saturday, September 24, 2011

SURVIVAL


Where do I begin?

Survival. What does this word mean? What is the meaning behind it?

When we hear this word, survival, we generally associate it with staying alive.

Everyone wants to stay alive. If you’re not on top of it, you are going to die. And who wants that?

Life is a struggle, a turbulent river. Everyone is trying to keep their heads above water. Why so wild? Why can it not be still and peaceful?

Well, because that river is the river of death. Death is the only true silent state. It is the extreme yin. Here you do not have to do anything. You can’t drown. You’ve already drowned. You are still.

Start moving around and you will create waves, distortion, turbulence. The moving water will actualize a struggle. If you stop swimming, the river swallows you. You drown once again. This is life. The extreme yang.

Survival means, try to be as yang as possible. The more yang, the greater the chances of staying alive.

--

Where does spirituality comes into play here? Right in the middle. Right above the water and below the surface. Meditation is a state of floating. It’s like laying on your back in the dead sea. The salt will keep your body afloat. You can keep your head above water, without effort.

Meditation is no effort. This is the key. Acknowledging the staggering simplicity of balancing your polar opposites. When this happens, you are not swimming and not drowning.

In other words, there is no water.

When the water disappears, the ego dissolves, because the ego must swim. It cannot not exist. The ego makes it a survival to exist. That is its nature.

Lose the ego.

And you will float.

2 comments:

jade eyes/facebook said...

My mum last poem.....

If i will go ...

If i will go, do not feel pain,

Pray, to make my sleep so smooth.

Cuz it will not be possible, even if you desire,

To change the law of nature, the law called "destiny".

If i will go, not cry, because crying,

As the falling wax, in my soul will burn.

And when, on my pale face a smile will appear

You know, toward heaven,my road will open.

If i will go i leave you an inheritance

Love, what I cherish in the heart-hidden.

Taste one drop and then, keep well.

It is invaluable, unfathomable mystery.

If I will go, I can't return.

And I wait in my place under the land,

Once,i will wait to hear steps and know will come

Trouble or pain,someone to tell me.

If I will go,will wait on each,

Occasionally,who wants, to join me

With a holy prayer and light candle,

With a white flower in hand and an incense bean.

If I will go, you will forget, because forgetting,

It contained unwritten laws, human.

Other events have opened the path ...

If i will go in dreams i'll give you news.

if I will go, I know, the man leaves,

I would like to remain in memory,

Not that "an old woman lying in a pit"

but as a "mother that bore you and gave you days."

It will go ....

What will be after ....???

Dr. Shashank Dhuri said...

My dear friend Janine its an honor to have yours moms last poem on my blog. Thank you.